“In 1847, the Bishop of Minsk was appointed one of the outstanding figures of reunification Orthodox Church with the Uniate in 1839 by Bishop Michael Golubovic. Under him, in 1847 new stone St. Mary-Magdalene church was set up in Minsk, in the town cemetery "- says a "memorial book of the Minsk province in 1910 "
Since construction in 1847 the new history of the church began. On Sundays, holidays and days of commemoration of the dead priests from St. Peter and Paul cathedral and St. Catherine Church make mass.
At the end of the XIX century Storozhevskaya Gate was built before the temple.
The October Revolution robbed the temple church utensils and ornaments, the church was not closed, turning into a warehouse or the carpentry shop, the bell tower domes with a cross were plucked, images of saints in frescoes were defaced. During the Great Patriotic War, the temple was acting. After the war, in 1949, the church was closed again. It was remodeled inside and out, the exit was on side of the altar and Archive of Audiovisual Documents was placed there.
When an archive moved to Dzerzhinsk, the building was empty for a long time, until the early 1990s, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the diocese. The temple had to be restored. It was built in 1847, at the time, when they began introduced standard designs developed for the religious architecture of the Northwest Territory. However, the Minsk Church has signs of transition. On the one hand, there is a tendency to a four-part composition of retrospective-russian style, on the other hand, plastic and decorative form of the main drum, testify about the use of classicism. Along with Gate, which is located near the Church of Mary Magdalene, expressive ensemble is shown. The temple is an important component in the silhouette of building in the center of Minsk.
Among the most revered shrines of St. Mary Magdalene church- the cross with relics of the saints. And the altar cross was presented as a gift to the parish by Patriarch Alexy II himself, during one of his pastoral visit to Belarus.