The procedure for issuing visas for traveling to Belarus
Diplomatic missions and consular offices of Belarus, as well as the main consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus are the authorities issuing entry visas to the Republic of Belarus.
Tourist visas for Belarus
Most foreign visitors for entering Belarus need to get one type of visa (transit, short / long-term, single / multiple)
A visa is not needed for:
- citizens of CIS countries (except Turkmenistan)
- citizens of Cuba (for a stay not exceeding 30 days)
- citizens of Serbia and Montenegro (for a stay not exceeding 30 days)
- citizens of Mongolia (for a stay not exceeding 30 days)
- citizens of Venezuela (for a stay not exceeding 90 days)
- citizens of Macedonia (for a stay not exceeding 30 days)
The exception is also made for the owners of diplomatic passports of:
- citizens of Cuba (for a stay not exceeding 30 days)
- People’s Republic of China
All other foreigners need visa to visit Belarus
To obtain an entry visa the alien should present the following documents to the bodies issuing entry visas to the Republic of Belarus:
- 1) one copy of the visa application form
- 2) a photograph;
- 3) a document for travel abroad
- 4) the visa support documents (information below).
For citizens of problem-free in migration countries, has a simplified visa procedure, which does not require a visa support documents proving the purpose and terms of travel, the visa for up to 30 days of entry in order of business trip or on private business.
- 5) additional documents required for the decision to grant an entry visa (at the request of a consular officer);/dd>
- 6) confirmation of payment of consular fees.
There are following types of visas in the Republic of Belarus:
- B – transit;
- C – short term, for a period of up to 90 days;
- D – Long-term, valid for up to one year with the right to stay up to 90 days, unless otherwise stipulated by international treaties of the Republic of Belarus.
Short-term visas – the most commonly used type of visa. They are issued for up to 90 days and is suitable for:
- Entry on private business
Tourists usually get a group short-term visa through a travel agency.
Long-term visas are usually valid for one year and provide for multiple entry to Belarus. They are suitable for:
- tourists wishing to stay longer
Transit visa is issued for a period of one year and provides up to two days of travelimg through Belarus.
Transit visa is issued for single, double and multiple movements through the territory of the Republic of Belarus in the presence of the foreigner visa of the country in which he goes through the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
If the visa is to follow in a third country is not required, other grounds for obtaining a transit visa are taken into account, including tickets for the following rail, air, road or a confirmation of their booking.
Entry visas are divided into single, double и multiple.
Single entry visa entitles a single entry, stay and departure from the Republic of Belarus for the period specified in a number of days of stay, but no more than 90 days.
Double entry visa entitles you to a double entry, stay and departure from the Republic of Belarus for the period specified in a number of days of stay, but no more than 90 days.
Multiple entry visa entitles you to a multiple (more than 2 times) the entry, stay and departure from the Republic of Belarus for the period specified in a number of days of stay, but no more than 90 days a year, unless otherwise stipulated in international treaties of the Republic Belarus.
The term of the visa issue
In the case of a positive decision, a visa takes a maximum of 5 working days of receipt of the application.
The visa fee varies depending on:
- The nationality of the applicant,
- The age of the applicant,
- The type of visa
In general, the rates of fee for the issuance of visas are set as follows:
- Transit visa (type B): Single – 20 €, single group (per person) – 10 €, multiple – 40 €.
- Short-term visa (type C): Single – 60 €, single group (per person) – 10 €, repeated – 120 €.
- Long-term multiple-entry visa (type D) – 150 €.
For the citizens of Great Britain (no more than 5 days):
- 78 USD – for a transit visa (regardless of the multiplicity)
- 114 USD – for the short-term visa (regardless of the multiplicity)
- 366 USD – for the long-term visa.
For U.S. citizens (not more than 5 days):
- 160 USD – for a transit visa (regardless of the multiplicity)
- 160/190 (reentry / multiple-entry) USD – for short-term visa (regardless of the multiplicity)
- 270 USD – for the long-term visa.
For the citizens of Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Estonia:
- 25 € – for one-time short-term visa,
- 25 € – for one-time short-term visa.
Registration of visas to citizens of Serbia (for a period exceeding 30 days) and Japan is free of charge.
Visas issued at the Minsk National Airport cost twice expensive as the usual fare.
Visa on arrival
However, foreigners who come to Belarus from a country where there is no representation can obtain visas upon arrival at “Minsk National Airport” To do this, the inviting person or organization must submit the original invitation to the Department of Citizenship and Migration Board prior to your arrival. Registration of visas in the “National Airport Minsk” is running on the entry of foreigners Foreign Minister of the Civil Code ( the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Peripherals CCU).
Starting from September 1, 2012 in the “National Airport Minsk” stops issuing visas to foreign nationals in the countries of nationality which has diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Belarus), except in cases of repetition of such aliens in the Republic of Belarus in official delegations, at the invitation of government of the Republic of Belarus, as well as in connection with a serious illness or death of a close relative or family member, upon presentation of official documents confirming the existence of such circumstances. The practice of issuing visas to citizens of other states is saved.
Starting from this date the provision time of visa support documents will change:
- for registration of short-term visas – not later than 3 working days before the expected date of arrival of the foreigner, the documents submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Peripherals CCU (contact phone: 279 20 58);
- for registration of long-term visas – not later than 5 working days before the expected date of arrival of the foreigner, the documents submitted to the Minister of the Civil Code (telephone:222 26 61).
More information is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus www.mfa.gov.by
Rules of moving personal property across the state border of the Republic of Belarus basically coincide with the world standards. Without a permit under the legislation of the Republic of Belarus, are not subject to transportation through the customs border of the Republic of Belarus by natural persons (import and export) the following items:
- Firearms and ammunition of all kinds of military models, military equipment;
- narcotic, psychotropic, toxic, poisonous, virulent, radioactive and explosive materials.
For cross-border transportation of animals and plants phytosanitary and veterinary control permission is needed.
There are restrictions on the number of things that are not subject to customs duty. So, you can bring in duty-free goods for personal use, the customs value of which does not exceed the equivalent of 1,500 € (by air – 10,000 €) and the total weight does not exceed 50 kilograms, and, in the presence of this provision shall be included alcohol and beer not exceeding 3 liters, as well as, and 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars (cigarillos), or 250 grams of tobacco or an assortment of these items weighing less than 250 grams. Importation of alcoholic beverages, beer, tobacco and tobacco products can only be done by individuals under 18 years of age;
With the payment of customs duties and taxes at a flat rate the import of the following product categories:
- 1. Goods imported in excess of the norms of duty-free – at a rate of 30% of the cost, but not less than 4 € per 1 kg;
- 2. Ethyl alcohol – at a rate of 22 € for 1 liter.
- 3. alcoholic drinks and beer more than 3 liters but not more than five liters inclusive – at the rate of 10 € for a liter.
Imported clothes, laptop, video and photographic equipment, players and other portable devices for personal use are free of duty, without restrictions on their cost and weight, in the case if these items have been used (not new) and you do not live permanently in the Republic of Belarus, according to Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus № 259 of May 27, 2004, Article 10.6 and Annex 2.
At the exit of the Republic of Belarus with a laptop, CD or DVD-player, floppy disks, or audio / video cassettes, the law should provide the data items to check at least one week prior to departure.
Export (import) of cash
At one-time import (export) of cash and (or) traveler’s checks totaling in excess of the equivalent of 10,000 USD these funds and (or) traveler’s checks are subject to customs declaration in writing by filing a passenger customs declaration for the full amount of imported cash and (or) traveler’s checks.
In the case of the movement of cash and (or) traveler’s checks totaling in excess of the equivalent more than 10,000 USD or monetary instruments, except for travelers checks, they must be filled with an extra passenger customs declaration form in duplicate.
For more information, please visit the official website of the State Customs counties of the Republic of Belarus www.gtk.gov.by