In 1932, the church was closed, the State Theatre of Poland BSSR housed in it, then he converted into a movie studio. During the occupation by German troops of the temple was re-opened. After the war the building was renovated and it took the studio again. In 1975 the House of Cinema and the Museum of Belarusian Cinema housed in the building.
The building of the church is a part of the architectural ensemble of the square. Red Church was built at the initiative of Edward Voinilovich and his wife. The family lost their children, at first a 12-year-old son Symon, a few years later 19-year-old daughter, Elena. they donate his fortune to build a church in Minsk, for perpetuate the memory of children.
In December in 1910 the church was opened. In 1932, the church was closed, after which the BSSR State Polish theater housed in it, and then converted into a studio. During the occupation by German troops of the temple was re-opened. After the war the building was renovated and again took the studio. Since 1975, the building housed the House of Cinema and the Museum of Belarusian Cinema.
In 1990, the Red Church was returned to the Catholic Church.
The composition of the volume of the church, decoration motives of Romanesque architecture is used, there are details and techniques of gothic in decor and in parts of the building. The emblem of the city of Minsk is above the entrance on the gable of the church – the Virgin surrounded by angels.
Before entering the church a bronze sculpture of the Archangel Michael (1996, sculpt. I.Golubev), which has been considered long the patron saint of Belarus. At ten meters is a memorial song “The Bell of Nagasaki.” Center of the composition is a bell – a replica of the bell, “Angel,” a miracle survivor of the atomic bombing (9 avg.1945 city). The memorial song – a kind of monument to the victims of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl … Since the discovery (2000) bell sounded three cities at once every Sunday at 12 o’clock, as a reminder of the victims of the atom.