In the XVI - XVII centuries this was one of the two pottery centers in Minsk for the production of tiles. Here were found fragments of tiles, fragments die tools - molds for extrusion drawing. People of middle class - artisans, merchants, peasants and soldiers lived in the suburbs. In the Trinity suburb Maxim Bogdanovich was born, and Yanka Kupala’s family lived here.
A fire of 1809 destroyed all the wooden buildings of Trinity suburb, after which the plan was oppressed to the canons of classicism: the streets intersected at right angles, the stone houses were built close to each other, creating a single line. Also local traditions were taken into account, which are expressed in a characteristic decoration of the facades and caused by climatic conditions high roofs with attics. Restoration of the Trinity suburb, in accordance with the old plans, drawings and photographs was held in 1980. Restoration of architectural and urban complex was carried out on the designs of L. Levin, Y. Gradov, S. Baglasov.
Houses and patios evoke the atmosphere of the first half of the XIX century, however, many of the buildings have basements and first floors, relating to an earlier time. The trade and craft rooms were once on the ground floors of these buildings.
Many museums, exhibition halls and cultural institutions are concentrated in the area of ??the suburbs. Museum of the History of Belarusian literature is located on ul. M. Bogdanovicha, 15. It has a permanent exhibition entitled "Poklich" devoed to the Belarusian literature of 1920-30. On the street Starovilenskaga, 14 there is a branch of the State History Museum of Theater and Music Culture of Belarus (salon V. Golubka). Literary Museum of Maxim Bogdanovitsh is also located in the Trinity suburb .Even the interior of bookshops, cafes and some shops of the suburb captures the spirit of bygone centuries.