• address: 8 Pobediteley Avenue
  • Working hours: Tue, Thu – Sat: 10.00–18.00 (ticket office: 10.00 – 17.00)
    Wed, Sun: 11.00 – 19.00 (ticket office: 10.00 – 18.00) Mon — closed
  • phone: +375 17 327-11-66
  • warmuseum.by

The museum was opened on October 22, 1944. It had worked since November 1942 on the base of the State Historical Museum, located on Red Square in Moscow. On January 15,1966, the museum was moved to a newly constructed building on Leninsky Avenue (now Nezalezhnosti Av.). In July 2014 it was moved to a new museum building at 8 Pobediteley Avenue near the stele “Minsk – the Hero City”.